Recycling & Environment
Asking For Trouble cares about the environment - here's all the information about my packaging and shipping, and what can be recycled and re-used.
In 2018 I started changing to more eco-friendly packaging and shipping materials, and in less than a year, I removed all single-use plastic from customer orders. Most of my packaging is now recyclable, or re-used, and I've created a list below for you to refer to.
There is no perfect solution and I'm only a tiny business compared to Amazon but I'm always trying to improve and appreciate all feedback and suggestions.
- All my wooden pins/brooches are made in the UK from ethically sourced, FSC certified wood.
- All my laser cutting is done in the UK with small businesses and I hope to switch to recycled acrylic in future.
- Paper-based products are made in the UK or EU and use recycled paper whenever possible.
- All product listings now include this information
- All orders are shipped in cardboard boxes or envelopes using paper tape
- I only ship with Royal Mail to support workers' rights and reduce courier travel in my rural area.
- I re-use bubble wrap, plastic grip seal bags, tissue paper and boxes received in deliveries for customer and wholesale orders
- Shipping labels are printed using thermal ink
- None of my products are packaged in plastic (with the exception of some old items that are already packaged).
- When possible, no packaging is used and gift wrap, cards etc. are sent 'naked'
- Where packaging is required, I use paper bags, paper envelopes, translucent glassine bags and backing cards, all of which can be recycled as paper.
- Promotional flyers etc. are printed in the UK from recycled paper.
- Please check locally for recycling guidelines as they can differ across the UK and internationally.
- Mail boxes, envelopes, tape, paper bags, translucent bags, backing cards, flyers can be recycled as paper. Please try to re-use the boxes and bags instead of recycling.
- Clear plastic bags and bubble wrap and tissue paper have already been re-used but please try to use them again before discarding.
- Dispatch notes are currently included in all orders, for your information and to help me pack the correct items (and are required by Not on the High Street). I hope to find a way to remove or reduce the size of these.
- Wholesale orders still often require plastic packaging to prevent damage from display and handling. I am working with my stockists to find solutions.
- I hope to change as many products and promotional items to use recycled materials